Sharing Life

This week at work I helped my boss move furniture. We rearranged almost the library and still have some more things to move when more things get moved out. That wore me out most days but it felt good to be able to help with that stuff.

This weekend I got to spend sometime with some of my favorite people and dearest friends - part of my camp family. Though we love the kids we minister to at camp it was nice to be able to have some time for us without the kids around. To be able to catch up on what is going on in each others lives and to pour into each other. Life pulls us all in so many different directions that it was a treat to be able to get together with part of the staff and encourage each other and enjoy a time of fellowship.

Being around them is always a good reminder for me of how loved I am. Sometimes I forget that and start to think that sharing my life with them will be a burden which is ridiculous since I want them to share their lives with me.

And just like I hurt for them when they are hurting they hurt for me. There is something very powerful in that.

And that is something they have done through a lot of my life and did again with me this weekend. Well really we shared in each others joys and pains.

Because life is tough and full of unpredictable ups and downs.
But having people around you who are willing to share that journey with you and that you want on that journey is a beautiful thing.
We were made to live this messy life with people.
I am thankful for the ones God has brought into my life.

May you find yourself surrounded by people that you can share all of life with. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scars

It’s been a while

After Moving Day