My Momma

Hey there,

So it's been a bit longer between posts recently and today I thought "Why not post this week?" So here we are.

This past month my mom has been posting on facebook different things about dealing with kidney disease. It's been at times a painful walk down memory lane but I think also a good eye opener for people (even those who have known us for years) that I still deal with my health issues on a daily basis even if I am not in the hospital right now. Some cool things have come from her posts and I am glad she can advocate for not just me but others dealing with kidney failure issues. Also it's always great to hear your mom say good things about you.

Last week while my mom was posting she was actually at my house part of the time during her spring break. Basically she's the best on many levels. Not only does she encourage me from afar and speak words of life on social media but she also takes time to come see me and take care of me and my house. I mean I wasn't sick or anything and didn't have plans to do work on my house nor was I complaining about it not being done she just decided that was something she wanted to do. So she came and brought her car full of stuff - some of it needed for the projects she did here and some of it food for me/us. And now the guest bedroom is closer to being ready to hold guests. And bonus she got two layers of paint on in the stairwell which I thought I was going to have to hire someone to do that because well it's a stairwell and not one I was confident handling. Anyway she came and took care of those things and made me some of my favorite home cooked meals and well it filled my heart.

And then this weekend over Easter I was at her house and was able to spend some time with her laughing, talking, and just enjoying being together.

And well my mom is just one of my all time favorite people. And I am continually grateful that God had me be born of her. She continues to teach me about grace and compassion and love without judgement or expectations.

During March when she was posting kidney disease/kidney transplant stuff she was getting some ideas from this facebook page that had a calendar where each day listed a different thing to talk about. One of the days said "parents" and she was like "why would I talk about myself?" But the truth is treatments for my illnesses most likely would have gone vastly different if not for her. She learned pretty early to be my voice and to speak out about what was best for me based on how she saw things effect me. She knew what treatments would help and which ones wouldn't. And so she learned to voice those things and stand her ground. And I am still learning that from her. She's a great advocate for me and my body. So though she may not talk about it I will because she has amazed nurses with her knowledge of not just my body but her knowledge of treatments and the way she handles herself even when doctors try to persuade her to do what they think is best. And on top of that she tries to always do her best to love like Jesus does.

Basically I think she is incredible and I am glad she is in my corner.

And it makes me think - isn't God great that He gave us each other?

Love you Momma and yes this was worth posting here and not as a private message. If you can tell people in a public way that you are proud of me so can I :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scars

It’s been a while

Post Procedure