Some things people don't know about me

I thought maybe I would post some little known facts about me this week because some of these things go with some things that have been happening in the world.

I tend of have a lot of bad dreams. I have a lot of dreams about death that I don't consider those bad because they end up being about who shows up to my funeral and mostly I wake up from those dreams thinking why was so in so there? Those are more confusing but definitely normal. My bad dreams usually have to do with me getting attacked and or murdered. There have been quite a few dreams that I have woken up from screaming or crying. You know how sometimes in books and movies characters do that? Well it happens in real life. And it is one of the reasons I have a hard time sleeping.

I have this problem where for weeks at a time I will listen to one song on repeat all the time. And it sometimes drive my friends crazy. My current song on repeat is actually a song that my mom wanted me to download for her. It is more than worth listening to. And fits in with my desire in my life right now as I try to cling to what I know. I have been trying to change my perspective because I don't want to be stuck in my ways. But changing ones perspective is not always the easiest. And so I have been struggling and needing to cling to what I know no matter how many times I fail. And thus this song is playing on repeat.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3z7jMNqe28w

I have a thing for cars. Well me specify. I have a thing for muscle cars really. I can't tell you how many times I have watch Gone in 60 Seconds. Or tell you how much I enjoy a good car show. This also means that I really do enjoy the Fast and Furious movies. I know they are pretty ridiculous but I still love them. Last week on Friday I was even watch Fast Five on TV when my friends showed up for movie night and then I had to explain to them what was going on. I loved every minute of it. And then Paul Walker died. I have to say that when I watched some of the tribute stuff to him I cried. That is how much I love the movies and him. Also on that note Gal Gadot from the movies was cast as Wonder Woman and that is the best option I have heard for Wonder Woman in quite some time. I mean she is no Linda Carter, my forever girl crush, but still great.

You know how people say they remember where they were when they heard about the Trade Center fell or when someone like JFK died. I think I will forever remember how I found out that Mandela had died. And this next part really is a little known fact about me because mom didn't even know this till yesterday. I have been obsessed with South Africa since I was in middle school. When people ask the question "if you could go anywhere in the world, where would you go?" some of my friends answer New Zealand because of Lord of the Rings. I answer South Africa because I love their history. I wan to walk the streets where history was made, I want to contemplate life in Nelson Mandela's cell. I did so much research on South Africa at such a young age because their civil rights movement fascinates me more than the American one does. This means that I ended up doing a lot of research on Mandela at a young age as well. And naturally I loved him. His courage, his endless desire for change, his love for the people of the world.

And these things all actually fit together in a round about way. Because I want to be remembered in a good way. When I die I want people to celebrate my life. Celebrate that I lived longer than I thought I would. Celebrate that I got to experience so many fun things. Celebrate that I am finally in the arms of Jesus where my heart has longed to be for so long. At my funeral I want there to be funny stories and jokes and laughter and even dancing. And since I grew up and live in the Midwest, I know my funeral will possibly be followed by a pot luck. And that's welcome too because food brings people together and I can think of no better thing to happen at my funeral.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scars

It’s been a while

After Moving Day