Mix and Match

This semester is over for me and I am realizing how tired I really am. The last few days of the semester were no fun either. A lot of unnecessary drama and stress because of group projects. But I am glad it's over. I am that much closer to being done with school. I am already at the halfway point so that feels pretty dang good. I've been trying to rest and relax now that classes are done. I've not always the best at that but I have been sleeping a little better. for the past few days my nightmares haven't been as bad so that's nice.

I went to my sister's church today. I have been wanting to spend more time with her. Some of the reactions from people were funny. We tend to get a lot of people thinking we were twins but that was not the case today. Either people knew me and were happy to see me or it took them some prompting to catch on to who I was. This one kid that is friends with both of us did say, "Why is Abby here?" since he knows I have my own church in town. There was also someone who thought I think at first that I was older and then thought we were only a year part when we are five years a part. So that was all interesting.

I am not going to lie I don't really know what to post about this week. I feel so worn out and sort of like I don't want to think very hard. So I thought about post some more random little known facts about me, so why not.

I love the Muppets and well anything Jim Henson. For example Fraggle Rock is fantastic and I know the song by heart. I'm even one of those fans who loves the trash heap. I was thinking about this the other day cause I watched A Muppet's Christmas Carol and I love the little green lazer opening that makes Kermit's face. I love that more than I love the Disney castle opening. It just makes me smile.

I know a lot of people think this is bad but I love ridiculous MTV shows. Not all of them but there are a lot a love. I loved when The Buried Life and My Life as Liz were on. Liz and her nerd herd were the best and watching four guys travel around on a bus helping others and crossing thing off their bucket list made me laugh so much. And anything starring Rob Dyrdek, the best. I actually own Big and Rob along with Fantasy Factory on DVD. I watch them when I am having a bad day because he makes me laugh so much and without fail puts me in a good mood.

Although I love books, I can't stand a lot of classics. Take for example The Great Gatsby, I love Fitzgerald writing style, love it. But his characters are pretty much all a-holes in my mind. There are very few classics that I love. I do enjoy anything by Alexander Dumas, who writes books like The Three Musketeers and more, and I really love The Old Man and The Sea by Hemingway. I tend to think that short little book is rather beautiful.

I have been listening to this band for a few years. The main two people have been the same over the years as the name has changed a few times. They are Caleb and Will Chapman. Steven Curtis Chapman's sons. Their band's name is now Colony House and they have a great new song out called keep on keeping on. Caleb wrote it for his younger brother Will. Even if you don't know the story of their family, it is a great song. If you do know the story it is that much better. Here's the video if you want to have a listen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IAcqct7LKYI

And for one that I have talked about before because I was thinking about it this week.

I love words. I often feel like I have a love hate relationship with them. They can be used to build up and encourage or just as easily be used to hurt and destroy. I like to think of my self as a connoisseur of words. As a connoisseur of words there are a lot of words I love such as beloved, captivate, propensity, connoisseur, and lovely. I tend to use lovely a lot to describe people but also to talk about things that I enjoy. I also enjoy the word enjoy, it's a lovely word. Anywho, as a connoisseur of words who enjoys the word lovely I used it the other night to describe a situation. I was laying in bed praying and I thought aloud to God, "I think to lay here staring at your face would be quite lovely. Not syaing anything just being with you and in your presence would be lovely." I tend to think that God wants that from us thus the verse "be still and know that I am God." Enjoying him for who he is as he does with us. And so I would encourage you this week, to get away from the noise, to be still, to know who God is, and to enjoy him for who he is.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scars

It’s been a while

After Moving Day