Just a little trip

I kind of suck at this being on campus thing after not doing it for so long...though in my defense at GCU the majority of my classes were like two buildings away from my apartment...I would wake up like ten minutes before class so I could pee grab something to eat and head out the door...but U of I is a bit bigger than GCU...and there are a crap ton of people...

So far for my on campus days I have had one good one and one not so good one...on Thursday I had fun in class we went all over using cars to see different cool special collections and the mass storage so that was fun...Friday we walked all over campus basically to see rooms that had once been libraries...so that felt a bit pointless...

The high light of all of this has been the time that I have gotten to send with two of my best friends...my brother Garrett and my bestie Nicole...Gar showed me around U of I a bit and I went to part of a bible study with him...then CRU Thursday night...I also went to watch him play soccer in the rain even though it got cancelled after 10 minutes because of lightening...I also got to see a lot of other friends at U of I and I laughed so much...those kids crack me up...then after my crappy class on Friday I left U of I to get to EIU to see Nicole...we have been doing what we always do together...laying around watching movies...we are pretty great at being lazy which is just what I needed after a nine hour day Friday of all one class...blech...

Since I had a bad day the other day I keep find myself reminding myself that this will probably be the only time I will be able to make it to on campus days because next semester the days are during tax season and since I work for a tax account there is no way I can take off...and I am ok with that...I actually was going to say I couldn't get work off even if it wasn't during tax season...I just don't like that I have to be on campus for online classes...what is that all about...

I have also been reminding myself that it is a good thing I have a great new working kidney in me or else I would have never been able to do any of this...working around dialysis would not have been fun...and all the walking would have killed me since I was to a point were walking up the stairs at home made me need to take a nap...so with that in mind I kept thanking God that I was feeling so good...

When I get home tomorrow the process of packing will begin...I am getting ready to move into an apartment...it's a few block from my parents house and right across the street from where I work...so that will be nice...I am also in the process of finding furniture...so that's fun...and even though it's been said before...growing up can be stressful...I keep trying to think about as much as I can because I don't want to make the same mistakes as some of the people that I love have...I am trying so hard to be smart about this...I know to that some people would say wait to move out then...but after living on my own moving back home because I was too sick to live on my own was so hard for me to do...and even when I was sick I was wanting to move back out...so there is that...

Also I do want to commend my friends and not just my best friends...it was so nice to see everyone...and to have them looking out for me and wanting me to feel involved in the things they are involved in...their excitement about seeing me and wanting to to experience things they love and meet their people...that's fun...makes me feel like I am the cool sister...pretty much my friends just know how to love on me...and I love that...and I love them...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scars

It’s been a while

After Moving Day