Relearning How to Live

"But God will, He will finish what he started.
No thread will be left unwoven.
Nothing will be left undone.
Every plan and every purpose
that He has will be accomplished.
And God will finish what's He's begun."
~Steven Curtis Chapman
'Finish What He Started'

First I would just like to say I have been listening to Steven Curtis Chapman since I was really young...I love the truth that can be found in his lyrics...I feel like he writes these words that speak right to the very core of me and what I am dealing with...

Second...I am moving into a new apartment this weekend so I probably won't be able to post my normal Sunday post...I most likely will not have internet until later during the week...so I am posting this now...because it's been on my mind...

So on to what's been on my mind...

I feel like I am relearning how to live...what I mean by that is I have spent so many years of my life with death as my next door neighbor that I haven't fully lived...I have said I was...but I lived to the extent that I could from my sick bed...but I didn't dream big...or make plans...or even really believe that there was going to be much more life for me...I expected death...

But here we are...four months post transplant...and I am doing better than I have ever done in my life...and I am not making that up...I can never recall feeling this good...I just powered through the mediocre because I didn't know any different...even with the pain that still lingers...even with my meds upsetting my stomach often...I have never felt this good...

I have never in the entirety of my life felt as good as I do presently...

So good that I am not worried about living on my own...

And I'm making plans about the future...about writing...about a job...about what I want for my life...

And I am dreaming big dreams...I am dreaming again about traveling to the places I have always imagined what they would be like...dreaming about the people I want to meet...dreaming about the incredible things God will do in my life...

To often I have quoted the Bible saying "he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion" (Phil 1:6)...but I believed it for other people...not for me...I figured my ending was coming soon and that from what I saw I would leave with things unfinished...that the good work he had called me to would be completed by someone else after I had left to be with him...

And then what I thought...what I had planned...didn't happen...God likes to surprise me that way...he continues to show me how small my plans are...and he continues to whisper promises to my heart...telling me that he doesn't make promises that he doesn't keep...

As someone who can sew the picture that he will leave no thread unwoven...it kind of blew my mind the first time I really listened to the words of the chorus above...I needed that reminder to live again...to dream again...and even though I tell myself to expect good things...I needed those words to reignite that anew in my heart...

I don't know about you but I am forgetful...and I constantly need reminding of things...one of those things that my heart continually needs to hear is that God has these plans for me that I can not even begin to fathom...and he always finishes what he sets out to do...there is no exception to that...and I will not be an exception to that either...

"The one who called you is faithful, and he will do it." 1 Thessalonians 5:24

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Scars

It’s been a while

After Moving Day