Thinking

It has been another week of me not doing much. I stopped into the high school library a few days this week but they don't really need me. So I've just been chillin at home.

Not doing a lot leaves me a lot of time to think about life - which is good and bad. It is easy for me to think about all the mistakes I have made in my life. And so I have to remember that 1) Those things are over and I cannot change them. 2) The other people involved probably don't remember what happened. And 3) To take every thought captive. Inactivity in my life leaves easy openings for the Devil to creep in and tell me I suck at life. And so I fight to remind myself that he is trying to play a crappy game with me.

On the positive side of all this thinking about life I feel like recently I have been running into a lot of reason why I want to stay in this area for a job. I don't know that that will happen. But there are many things I enjoy about living here. The main one probably being that my family lives here. I love that my parents live a few blocks away. I love that my nephews are here and I get to see them. And I love that my sister and I live in the same town now. It's nice to feel like I have a chance to be friends with my sister instead of just being the annoying little sister. 

Sometimes I think I would be missing out if I moved away from them.

There are other things I would miss as well. And as these things are revealed to me about me - I wonder as always what God has in store for me. Not that I think for sure that he will have me stay here but I am seeing more and more how I might be ok with that if it were to happen. Maybe even more than ok.

I think mostly what I want to say is that I am thankful for this small town and the people in it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scars

It’s been a while

After Moving Day