BOND 2014

Two days before BOND Gary sent me the two new songs we were going to do over the weekend. Though I gave him grief for that, I am often amazed at how the new songs we do fit my life and what I need to be reminded of.

Sitting here listening to "Love is War" by Hillsong find myself captured by how true the words are not just with the words in my Bible but with the song of my heart.

Here's a link to the super long acoustic video that you might need to look up the lyrics for -


Singing/leading this song at camp was a highlight for me.
As always spending time with my camp family was a highlight. As many of you know, possibly because you are part of this family, these people have helped hold me up in some of my toughest battles and I know they will continue to do so. I cannot help but feel how loved I am at camp by them and by the great God who gave me them.
Another highlight was that my girls wanted to have lady lessons again and talked about how some of the things I taught them during lady lessons at camp they used at home. Hearing that makes this counselor feel so useful.
After all the pain of the summer my girls are doing really good and that was so fantastic to hear, that is a great highlight.
I also loved hearing that my girls love learning and listening to Chris who spoke at camp and BOND.
Another great highlight was all the baby news that was shared about some of my favorite couples that are or have been a part of the senior camp staff. Though I'm not sure which was better all the baby news or Leah and Jordan's reactions to all the baby news - one of them ended up on the floor so overwhelmed with happiness.

And though there were many more highlights there was also some thorns as real battles are happening in the lives of the cabiners we care so much about and in the lives of some of the staff members who we would lay our lives down for.

 As for me - "I will fight for love."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scars

It’s been a while

After Moving Day