Busy Week

So I have had a busy/exciting week.

I got back from camp on Saturday. I knew that the job in Galesburg was interested in me because they had talked to my references. We had been trying to look at apartments to rent to prepare ahead of time in case they hired me but were having a hard time finding anything.

Then on Monday we found a house for me to rent. I also got to see a dear friend on Monday and she was helping us with the search as well. I also had an extra blood test to check on a number that was irregular. I haven't heard anything back yet so I'm not sure what that means but I am going to assume it means I am fine.

On Tuesday morning I got a call from HR at Carl Sandburg College and they offered me the job. I still had to get board approval and pass a background check but the job was mine if I wanted. Of course I accepted the position.

Wednesday mom and I drove to Galesburg to look at the house and though one of my landlords is intimidating I am excited about having a place to move to. I had been telling God that I wanted a few certain things and it had those plus more. It is in a good neighborhood and is a close drive to a lot of places including work.

Thursday was kind of a waiting game because the school board had their meeting that night. I did go see one of my childhood friends and his family. I got to nerd out a bit with him and his wife. I found out his wife, like me, loves homestar runner which makes me love her even more. It was a night of laughter which was just what I needed after a crazy, emotional, overwhelming, exciting week.

Then Friday I went with dad to look at cars. I have been saving money for years so that I could do things like buy a new car. I probably should have gotten one a while ago since I have been driving my grandpa's old car and I don't know how it hasn't fallen apart on me. But I was waiting until I had a job and could pay for insurance. So dad and I went to see Mark and I got exactly what I wanted. Before we finalized everything I got a call from the school and the board approved me. Which obviously was pretty dang great. Then since I had to transfer money around and wouldn't be able to pay for the car until Tuesday I figured we would come back and get the car then. But Mark's boss oked getting everything done Friday and holding the check till Wednesday to make sure everything went through so I drove home Friday afternoon with a new car. Beside having a job and a new car I got to help make Gar's day better. He had been testing all day and didn't know about any of this so mom texted him to come over when he got back into town. He was pretty surprised to find out I had a new car and his smile was pretty big. It felt good to be in that position after all the times he has helped make my bad days better.

Yesterday I tried to pack a little but I also had a friends wedding and a 2 year old's birthday party to go to. My friends wedding was so beautiful and I could tell he was so happy and that makes me happy. The birthday party was fun as this little girl is not quite as shy as she used to be so we got to hear some of the funny things she says.

Today was church and then the Kerr's that were at church came to mom and dad's and we all had lunch together. I am going to miss not seeing the Kerrs every Sunday. There are other people I will miss as well - I list the Kerrs by name because I consider them my second family. And then I was packing until I ran out of boxes.

Then tomorrow I go sign a lease on a house, fill out employment papers, and more. I move to Galesburg on Saturday and I start work Monday - a week from tomorrow. I have packing and such to do between now and then.

Even though some of that feels overwhelming I am really excited about this job. Working in a college library is really my dream job because I love working with young adults and I love doing research or helping people with research. A college library combines those two things.

It feels pretty good to say that not only did I get a library job but I got my dream job. Not everyone gets to say that. I feel like I can say that because God is good. He loves to blow my mind just when I am about to settle. I am thankful that he continues to show his love for me in so many ways.

May you be blown away by his love for you this week.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scars

It’s been a while

After Moving Day