Life Updates

Hey there,

So I guess first I will start with a little health update. For a while now I have been trying to wean myself off of a medication per my GI doctors orders. It has been tough and my body has really not liked it at times. Recently I have been feeling like progress has been made and that is a great feeling. That progress feels even better knowing that though that medicine was at one point helping my stomach it is also one that can be very hard on my kidneys and on bones. So that is feeling like a pretty big win right now.

On the house front I am currently considered under contract to buy a house. Inspections were this past week and they went really great. That was possibly one of the most amazing things for me to hear this week. Inspections were on Thursday and Wednesday I was a mess. I have been worrying a lot about some things. To this point my parents have not yet seen the house and won't see it until closing day or after. That has been nerve wracking for me for a lot of reasons. Some of them have been that I don't know anything about foundations or electrical work or really most things about a house. So I began thinking that it was highly possible that there were all these problems with the house that I knew nothing about and I was already getting ready to buy it. But then Thursday the inspector could not say enough good things about the house including but not limited to "I love this foundation." And that has put my mind to ease a lot. I was back in my hometown for a few hours yesterday and I took the 37 page inspection report with me so my parents could see it and I think they were not only pleased with the work of the inspector but to see that so many things about the house are in good condition.

I was joking yesterday that I am only freaking out about 20% of the time when it comes to buying a house. I am not sure if that is completely accurate or not but I am mostly excited. Sometimes doubt does still creep in a little because I was never a kid who didn't like my hometown nor did I want to move away at the first chance I got. I love my hometown and always saw myself living there. It has been kind of weird but also good to see that I could love another place as much as I love it. And to feel like this is the place for me. To be brave and put down roots in a place that I hadn't been to until my interview for my job.

Which reminds me for those who are curious - church has been going great. I started going to Sunday school last week and its a nice group of ladies who clearly care deeply for each other. And today between Sunday school and church pastor brought up again that people have been telling him I have a good voice. Since they are needing some help with the worship team he wondered again if I would be interested and now that I feel more like this town is for me I said yes. (Get excited Gary. I'm finally listening to you. Ha) I am a little nervous still about getting more involved in things at church here. I don't want to be an outsider who comes in and makes anyone feel like I am stepping on their toes. But I also know outside views can be fresh and bring a new perspective. And I also know that if God wants me here then I want to be a part of his body here in an active way.

Also this weekend, well yesterday, was a good reminder to me that I can be part of the body here but still be loved and cherished by my people at home. Sometimes for some reason I think that if I am not around people will forget about me or not love me when that is such a lie from the evil one. So to be reminded of that yesterday in some very real ways was what my soul needed. At camp, at the wedding shower, and out with life long friends - to be reminded that I am deeply known and fiercely loved.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scars

It’s been a while

After Moving Day