Good Days

Hey there,

So if you have seen my social media posts I am sure you know that yesterday was a blast for me. I got to spend quite a bit of time with my nephews. Gosh those boys bring so much light and laughter into my world and I wish I could take all the bad out of theirs.

I took the 3rd and the 5th off of work in part so I could watch the fireworks in my hometown since last year I did not see fireworks. I didn't want to have to drive back late or super early to get to work the next day so I didn't watch them in my hometown. And I had no idea where they were shot off in my current city so I just stayed home. This year I decided I wanted to see fireworks so I decided I would watch them with my family. During parts of the day I would think "Is this worth it?" And I often didn't know. But then at the fireworks hearing my nephews run around with their friends laughing and making up stories - I love it. And I thought "This is worth it."

And really I had some pretty great days right in a row. I got to see my brother Evan who I hadn't seen in years. Life makes it so we are not often in the same place at the same time but dad happened to run into him at the hardware store so then he stopped over to the house. And though I don't always know what to say to people the ones that I am close to I feel like I just love seeing their faces. Being in the same room with them. And I got to do that with him.

Today I had a bunch of errands planned so I decided to drive back to my house late last night after the fireworks in the hopes that I could get more sleep and feel more relaxed about today. I went to a few offices to talk to people about houses. After the last few days I figured today wouldn't be as good. But instead today felt like I was on a winning streak. Things with the people I met with went better than I had planned to the point that when I was leaving my last appointment I thought "I am going to cry not because I am sad but because that was such a freakin good surprise."

The gist of what happened is that my mom has been right this whole time. And it's not that I didn't think she was right but I was down playing in my mind how right she was. I was doing one of those "She's just saying that because she is my mom." But as per usual she sees me in a truer light than I do and to be shown the facts of that today was incredible. I am still feeling very blown away.

And part of that also is that I am feeling more self-assure when it comes to the way I make decisions about my life. And I am feeling like this possible house buying thing is maybe not as scary as it seems because some of the things I was worried about are not issues.

And well that feels really good.

Continue to pray for me as I continue to search for a permanent home here. I'm praying too. And if you want to know things I am specifically praying for let me know and I will send those thoughts your way. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scars

It’s been a while

After Moving Day