Gel Pens and Jared Leto

I'm not sure what to write about. All I keep thinking to post about is how the 90's girl in me has been so happy this past week. See as a 90's girl there are two things I will always love, glittery gel pens and Jared Leto.

This week at work the lady that sits next to me at the front desk got out a giant box of glitter gel pens in every color and I was in awe a little, ok, a lot. It's the type of collection I always wanted in the 90's. After discussing pens she gave me a few to use including some gold colored ones and I am so excited about it! Can't wait to write with them!

Now, if you want to skip me talking about Jared Leto cause you don't know or don't care who he is then skip this next paragraph in which I briefly describe my undying affection for Jared Leto.

Last Sunday and then yesterday Jared Leto won awards for best supporting actor in a drama for his role in Dallas Buyers Club. Last Sunday during the Globes I told my friend that I was texting with that if he didn't win I was going to stop watching the rest of the show and I love awards shows. I tweet during awards shows like some people do during sporting events. (AKA my girl Tess during Blackhawk's games who tweets every other second about the plays and players.) Which means I tweet about almost everything on screen. And then Jared won and I might have done a little dance and then proceeded to tweet back and forth with Tess (the same from above) about how much we love him. We discussed his perfect hair because I can't lie, his hair is better than mine. Also my mom texted me when he won cause she knew I wanted him to win. And then this week I tweeted at Tess to let her know Jared won since I think she was watching a Blackhawks game. And then she proceeded to call him flawless and a beautiful wizard. Which is pretty spot on. Last night I also tweeted that what he said about his mom, who was his date, was the cutest thing ever. Yes, there are other celebrities I like and yes, I know that some of them, Jared included, do some strange things. But as I said a week ago, "Say what you will about Jared Leto, I love him."

Today mom and I got to spend some time with my brother Gar and I love it. We talked about so many things.

On a quick side note, he told me during the week that people at our school U of I think that he and I really are brother and sister! I'm pretty stoked about that. And I would like to thank Tyler, Garrett's roommate, for introducing me to people as Garrett's sister. It can be easy to make people think that I am part of the family when Gar, Mini, and I all act like siblings. But I love when other people play along with it as well. I think this warrants Tyler some more mail from me this semester.

Anywho, Mom, Gar and I sat around for a long time talking about a lot of different things. I happen to love times like that. When silly, simple conversation turns into talking truthfully about life.

See I believe firmly that relationships are built in that time of silly, simple conversations. Sometimes it's those times of sharing a laugh over a funny moment in a TV show that makes people feel comfortable around you. In those moments people can see that you are not that different from them. To me those conversations are just as important as the deep ones where people talk about their lives and their hurts. To me laughter is the carpool lane on the freeway that leads to friendship. I know that sounds cheesy but it is truthful.

The people that I enjoy laughing with are the people I want around me when life is rough. They are my first phone call when shit hits the fan. Not just because I know they will make me laugh but because I know they are like me. And I have come to know that they are the ones that will cry with me and won't offer me words devoid of meaning and understanding when life gets tough. They are the ones that know that when they don't know what to say all they need to do is offer a shoulder to lean on.

To me conversations filled with laughter are filled with as much life as the ones where we deal with the hard issues of life. Relationships happen and are formed when we talk and laugh about things like gel pens and Jared Leto.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scars

It’s been a while

After Moving Day