Camp Time

Ok this Sunday I will be at camp so I am posting early.

Be praying for us all. From what I hear we have quite a few first timers to RRBC this year and we hope that they have fun, make all kinds of new friends, and learn a lot. There are always things to be praying for with every camp and we really appreciate your prayers and support.

As per usual - I have been getting a little nervous. It happens every year when I start to think I am under prepared and not any good at being a counselor. This year I have been reminding myself that if I was as bad as I sometimes think I am then the deans would not want me to keep coming back nor would they trust me to help train new senior camp counselors. Thinking about that has been very calming. It's nice to feel supported by the staff I am a part of and trusted by the deans.

It's nice to feel wanted.

As I have said before, I like me, or as Penelope says in the movie with her name as the title "I like myself the way I am." But I don't expect others too. Cause I know my faults and I know there are a lot of them. But to have people want to be around me who see that I am an OCD filthy hippie who is a little country and a little bit rock in roll (yes, I did just reference Donny and Marie) who can at times contradict herself, well that is an indescribable feeling that makes me feel loved and excepted.

And if I can extend a little bit of that to the campers, or cabiners as we often call them, then I think just maybe I can do a good thing.

So here's to a great week at RRBC.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scars

It’s been a while

After Moving Day