Celebrations of the Week

First I want to send a little shout out to my brother. My brother from the same womb. Cause today is his birthday. I used to tag along with him a lot and he tolerated it most of the time. I think all my time with my big brother while growing up is one of the reasons I have so many brothers today. And I am thankful that Mikey let me tag along and that he taught me some fun and useful things about being a sibling and a friend.

On to other things.

Last night was the celebration for Taylor and Cory's wedding that was a year ago. The original wedding was planned in less than a week and I loved it. And I loved yesterday as well. As we were getting ready to line up and hear from Rich what we had to do yesterday I found out that I was going to be standing next to Taylor. I was not expecting this. On the website and at the last ceremony there have always been people in front of me but her maid of honor couldn't make it and so I somewhere along the line I got the role. Which I was and am honored that she wanted me even to be a part of both big days. Because I didn't see it coming yesterday and I was sort of in charge of some other things as well I didn't have to give a speech or have time to even think of what I would say. But now since I have had some time to think about it here is something I might have said.

Hi, I'm Abby, I have known Taylor most of my life and Cory for somewhere around ten years. I love them both separately and I love them as a couple just as much. One of the things that I love about them and their relationship is that they are fighters and I don't mean that how you might think I mean that. Yes, they can be feisty and they speak their minds, which I do love. But I have loved watching as Cory fought for Taylor before their relationship even started when they were friends. I loved seeing him even then trying to protect her and pour into her life. I have loved watching them as a couple for years fight for their relationship when they went months at a time without seeing each other. Fight for their relationship with all the ups and down that have come their way. Fight to keep what they have. And I have loved even just in the past year watching them fight for their marriage. Fight to keep other voice out of their marriage, to protect their marriage, to protect each other, and be there for each other. So with that, raise your glass with me, here's to our fighters, Taylor and Cory.   

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scars

It’s been a while

After Moving Day