Celebrating

Look I know you all probably have things in your parades in other states that you think are the coolest things ever. But you will never convince me there there is anything cooler in a parade than either The South Shore Drill Team or The Jesse White Tumblers. I love when we get a taste of Chicago in the Petunia Fest Parade. Though I will say that those guys performing is not the only thing I like about parades. I like seeing people from the community that I know out supporting and advertising their cause/business/church and whatever else. And I love that in small town America we stand for almost every American flag that goes by and all the vets or currently serving military that we see. Which reminds me, one of my favorite parts of the day was seeing my brother at the head of his outfit holding their battalion's flag. Even though he can be such a pain he also makes me so proud.

I guess that's part of what I love about parades. That the community can come out and come together to cheer for or celebrate all the parts of our community. The musicians are there, so are the politicians, all kinds of churches walk along with multiple businesses, clowns are there, shriners are there, veterans are there and are respected, different towns and events courts are there such as the 4-H court or the Petunia Fest court, and people from all over town come out to see everyone. That is fun to me. That for a while our differences don't seem to matter as we celebrate what our town is capable of.

In other news I am heading to camp next Saturday so I will try to remember to put a post up Friday so that I still have my weekly post in.

I hope you have all been enjoying the festivities that come with this time of year as much as I have. I know not everyone has the Petunia Festival like we have in Dixon but I know that the 4th means fireworks and parades. Cause that's what we do in America. We celebrate the people who have protected our freedom and we celebrate those freedoms by blowing stuff up.

Happy 4th of July!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scars

It’s been a while

After Moving Day