Because I love Thanksgiving

Thanksgiving is and has been for some time my favorite holiday. It's a day when eating carbs on carbs is expected and I love that. As you know, if you know me or read my blog, you also know how much I love parades and the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade is one of my favorites. And though TV shows and movies tend to make it seem like spending time with your family is the worst - I enjoy that I have family to celebrate with. Sometimes I have to remind myself I can't get too annoyed with them since they put up with how annoying I can be.

Since I so often in the past have posted about all the bad days I thought it would be nice to have an extra post of celebration. (The regular scheduled program of advice from a sick person will continue again on Sunday.)

So lets get the obvious out of the way first - I am thankful to be feeling better than ever. It's still a strange feeling to me to feel so good - strange in a good way. And I am and forever will be so thankful to the donor and the donor's family of my California kidney.

I am thankful that mom and dad are on their way to having a one story house. It took a while to find but I am glad they found something they could work with that has beautiful land. Though it can be a headache now I know they both love the possibilities they still see for this new house and the land.

I am thankful for my family. For my parents who show me what love looks like as they love others, love their family, and love each other. And for my siblings who are turning out to be great friends. I am sorry I didn't always see that.

I am thankful for my sister's husband. I am thankful for how he takes care of my sister and I am thankful that though they haven't been married long it feels like he has been around forever.

I am thankful for my nephews who bring so much laughter into my world. And who challenge me to think like a child.

I am thankful for my friends who support me, encourage me, and challenge me to be my best self.

It is good to be known and to be loved.

Wishing you the same on this Thanksgiving Day.
Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scars

It’s been a while

After Moving Day