Things I'm Proud of

First I love my job. I don't want that to be forgotten because it is true. Loving my job makes some of this things from this week and others bearable.

This week has been very rough for many reasons. I have not had a lot of energy or gotten a lot of sleep this week. One of the days when I came home for my hour lunch I cried thinking about how I felt like I had no energy to finish my day. I am still learning a lot which is stressful and tiring. Also I may have a harder time with a lady at work than I let on. Thankfully it is only the one I have a hard time with. I am trying to do my best to not let her actions and attitudes effect mine. After our staff development I am also trying my best to do things to better accommodate her personality type. Doing all of that is wearing on me a lot. I also miss having mom and dad a few blocks away. Homesickness is the worst but during the week I am too tired and too busy to really be homesick so that's good.

After all of this I have been questioning different things about myself and my personality wither they are good or not.

So I have been instead trying to think of things I like about me. Listening to Randy Stonehill on the way to mom and dad's after work Friday was the reminder I needed especially his song We Were All so Young -


One of the things I am proud of is that I am a hippie and was raised by a hippie who taught me about the people singing on this song. I am proud of the heritage of who I am. Proud that these guys (especially Randy Stonehill and Larry Norman - the first two voices on the song) were a huge encouragement to my mom when she first became a Christian. I am proud that these old hippies fought boldly to speak about God in a way that had never been done before - through rock and roll music. They caught a lot of shit for it but like true hippies they stood their ground and said "What God says of me is what matters." That is something I am proud to say I try to do. I may not always succeed but I try because His opinion really is the one that matters.

Even though it is sometimes tough as I learn and try to understand what people are saying to best help them I am proud of what I am - I am a Librarian. It feels damn good to say that. I love that students know they can ask me things and proud that I can help them. There is something really cool in that. In helping them find what they are looking for or getting something to work on the computer and to see the relief that comes over them when it's what they need or were looking for. I love that. I love that the staff is getting to know me for my research ability as well. That I helped one person and he is spreading the news that I will help you find whatever it is that you are looking for until I find it. It feels good to be known for the things I am good at and that I love to do. I am proud of that.

Now I have to set up this last one a little -
On Friday when we were getting ready to leave for the weekend three of us were talking, a lady that I work in the library with, Dean a security guard who I often see because he checks the library multiple times I day, and myself. The lady I work with mentioned something about me going to my hometown and I said the name of it. Dean said he was there this spring under the arch and the lady I work with said she was in town for a wedding at the White Pines Wedding Canyon. Then Dean said that he used to go to a bible camp for years where I am from talking about how pretty it was and how much he loved it. So I said "RRBC!?!" to which he replied yes! I might have freaked out a little but not as much as I wanted too. I always love finding out that people have been too and love RRBC.

I am proud to be a RRBC camper turned counselor. I am proud of what we try to do at camp. Proud that we do our best to show what God's love and grace is all about. Proud that I can be a part of such a long standing tradition and part of a legacy. Proud to be a part of something that can be a vehicle for the Holy Spirit to change people's lives. Proud go be part of a place and group that tries to be the welcoming arms of Jesus. Proud to be a part of something that a lot of people look back on with found memories. Proud to be a part of that family.

I may not always like the things I do or the things around me but I will always be proud to be a librarian, a RRBCer, and filthy Jesus loving Hippie.




Also seriously if you have never heard of Randy Stonehill and Larry Norman look them up or ask people around you about them. I could talk about them and their impact of Christian music and culture for hours. It wasn't just them but listing people would take too long. Start with Larry Norman - the Father of Christian Rock.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scars

It’s been a while

After Moving Day