Revive me

Friday while driving to RRBC for BOND I had an idea for my post this week and I even kept thinking that would be my post after BOND. I knew I could fit what I thought about for my post in with BOND and some of the things I wanted to say about it.

But then I got back to my house and well plans change.

See when I get a song like this...


stuck in my head I can't not talk about why it is there.

See I did not realize how much I needed this weekend and the time I had with my friends. Don't get me wrong I don't go solely because of my friends/family, I go because I care deeply about the kids that come to camp and I want to help them anyway I can in their walk and in life in general. I don't always get that right and I don't always have the answers for them but I want them to know that I am there for them and I care about what happens to them.

Anyway I found myself often emotional or almost emotional this weekend.
Over the past few months I have been fighting a lot of battles with myself and battles against the evil one. Yes that has been rough but even worse is that I so often forget that I can go to my friends to talk about those things with them. To ask them to pray for me while I doubt or worry, to speak encouragement into my life as I do battle, and to love me through the tough stuff as they always have. To pour into my life in the times when I feel like my cup is empty and to come before the Lord on my behalf and with me.
Don't get me wrong here - Jesus is the one who revives me. Jesus is behind all of this.
But I so often forget that he created us to be in community with one another. And though I have said it too many times to count before - he often uses those around us to speak his truth and love into our lives.
Guys that's what my friends are great at doing and what they spend their time at camp doing and yet I forget to let them do that for me as well.
The cool thing is they do that anyway and they did this week. Even when I don't share what is on my heart they are there to love me in simple yet beautiful ways. To show me that I am known and have value. To remind me who I am.
Even better is that God would use us that way to speak truth and life to those we love.
That he would shows us the kind of relationship we wants with us through that.
That he would continue to use us to fill each other up.

May you be used in that way and may you be loved well by those around you. And may you see how God is at work in your life through those relationships. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scars

It’s been a while

After Moving Day