John 9:3

This week has been mostly good.

I started to learn some things about cataloging and I am excited to learn more. It makes me feel even more like a librarian. I like that learning this means that I can help out our librarian even more. I still have a lot to learn and I still get stressed out some days but I still love being a librarian.

I don't really know how to transition into this so I am just gonna jump right in.

John 9:3 "'Neither this man nor his parents sinned,' said Jesus, 'but this happened so that the works of God might be displayed in him.'"

I came across this verse again this past week and even though I know this story of this blind man receiving sight and I love that we get to see him making his faith his own I still found myself floored yet again by his story and this verse.

I don't often talk about how people have judged me and my parents solely based on the fact that I am and have been sick pretty much all my life. For some reason some people assume that because I am sick my parents or I must have sinned in some big, horrendous way while others believe that because I have not been healed we must not have enough faith in God. Though we know that is not true it still hurts and sucks to hear and people's words good or bad still have weight

When I am in those places of doubt and listening to those lies from the father of lies that's when I need Jesus to visibly step in and say "that's not who you are, this is."

For me reading this story that I know, reading this truth again was what I needed. To hear as if he was speaking into my life that it's not sin or lack of faith but Jesus. I am sick and have been sick to bring him glory and to display his good works. Not because of my lack of faith in him but my faith in his goodness while I am sick and my trust that he will move me on the days when I have no strength.

My prayer for you this week as that you would see or hear him speaking those kinds of truth into your life that you need to hear and be reminded of. Those truths about who you are in him and who you were created to be.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scars

It’s been a while

After Moving Day