on my job

I told myself that since I was staying here this weekend that I should explore the town since I haven't really been out in it at all. But then I slept pretty much all weekend instead. I guess I needed it.

Work and the start of the cold weather has me worn out. I have been learning more and helping with some big projects around the library. That has been nice but I am still carrying some stress from being new at the job.

But I still love my job.

I was thinking this week about why I keep saying that. I say it yes because it's true but also because it's crazy to me that I get to work at a job I love so much.

I grew up listening to dad complain about jobs. Not that he always hated them but when you have to work long hours and you don't always see the pay off that can be hard. It wasn't until mom started her job that I really saw someone loving their job even though mom has her bad days at work like everyone else.

But now experiencing it for myself is crazy.

Most days when I am at work I think "I can't believe I get to do this." That's how I feel. That I've won some sort of prize that I get to do all these things that I love to do at work. It's the best kind of prize because it makes some things easier like going to work and getting out of bed.

It's nice to feel this now because there were a lot of days of doubt when I was taking classes. Days when it didn't feel worth it and I wondered if I was doing the right thing. Days when class seemed to last longer than the 2 hours I struggled to make it through.

I'm glad I volunteered while doing that to remind me what the work was like and how much I love that work. I am glad I stuck it out through not just classes but everything else or else I would have never known this feeling.
The feeling like I am doing what I was made to be doing.

May you experience the joy of that feeling in your lives as well.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scars

It’s been a while

After Moving Day