Feeling Emotional

Gosh I have been a moody mess this week.

Also I am finding that like normal I need to give myself a break. Because I expect myself to have more done or more figured out at my job. I was thinking about that this weekend. About the projects I wish I had done at work and then I remembered that mom wished me happy four months at my job. And all the sudden I was struck by what I do know about my job after only four months. That also reminded me that after being there only four months I have taken on a huge project that keeps growing. And instead of being down on myself I thought "I'm proud of me." I have learned how to do all sorts of new things and step outside of my comfort zone in so many ways. I mean I moved to a town that I had never been to before my interview about  four and a half months ago. That seems crazy to think about. Also crazy to think about is that I am making progress on a project that so many other people have not wanted to touch or have been at a lost of what to do with it.

I also have had to remind myself again (as I often do in my life) that it's ok to cry and get emotional. So often I tell myself I don't have time for those things and then end up in places this I found myself this week - where I am practically have a mental breakdown over my automatic garage door not working. I realized that I keep trying to emphasize that I love my job because I do. But loving my job doesn't always make up for life being hard and telling myself to not get emotional because I love my job is not healthy either.

I do love my job BUT that doesn't change that life is messy and hard and sometimes just plain ole sucks.

And it's still ok to say that life sometimes sucks even when I love my job.

Which reminds me - after this week the library will no longer be open late. Since I am the one that keeps the library open late I don't start my day until later. But after this week I will have to go in early. I am not a morning person and I have such a hard time sleeping and I have gotten used to later days. It is going to be a hard transition for me. Pray for me would ya?

Anyway - Here's to a better week of acknowledging our accomplishments and all our emotions.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scars

It’s been a while

After Moving Day