Two Quick Things

Hi all,

First - I want to say I have been having a hard time for over a month or so with my blog.

What I mean by that is I often feel like what do I write about. And I often feel like why am I writing. I started this blog as a way to help keep people updated with what was going on with my health. But now there is not much to update people about. And as I may have mentioned before I have been putting a lot of pressure on myself to write things that feel like they are more powerful or meaningful than just some random thoughts of mine. And I start to think that I should maybe comment on things I know nothing about and as such have no right to comment about.

And so I am often left thinking - what am I doing?

I think sometimes I get a post or two right but most of the time I feel like I am just spewing nonsense - pouring my thoughts and emotions into something that doesn't get read.

And so I am trying to decide what that means is next. What that means in terms of me writing this. Do I keep it up until the next time I get sick. Or do I just wait and only post when I get sick? I don't know...

Secondly - This week has been good for me. That might sound weird since from the looks of my social media feeds it has not been a good week for many. But for me personally this week has helped me reset my focus and refocus my hope. The madness of this world has helped me again see that my hope is not something to be wasted. And I have been comforted by the fact that God is in control. He has shown me that time and time again when my own life has been a mess and has been reminding me of that this week.

And as I try to bring comfort and laughter and love to those around me it is good to be filled with that truth. To be filled with the kind of strength and joy and peace that only he can give. 


And I have needed that. Not just because of this week but because the battle rages daily - long before this and long after this. It's tiring and I need God in my corner if I am going to be anything good at all to those around me.

Which leads me to this last quick thought.

Don't forget who the real enemy is -

"For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms."
Eph 6:12

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scars

It’s been a while

After Moving Day