Short Post

First some fun things from the week -

This week I had a student come to my desk and ask me if we had any collections other than books and how we stored them. This led to an almost hour long conversation with this student about archives. And she liked that we talked that long because she kept having more questions for me. She was working on a project for a business class about the storage of files so I went over with her some of the process that I am in the middle of. And I showed her/explained to her some of the changes that have been made in archives since I started. It was really cool to to talk to her that long and hear her say the things i did made sense to her right away. I loved that because I am trying to make things user-friendly so getting that feedback from her was amazing. And I loved that I got to talk to someone that long about something that I love to do. That definitely lifted my spirits that day.

Then Friday one of the IT guys came to my desk when I was talking to our librarian and long story short I showed him an old trailer for Superstar and in that way introduced him to Mary Katherine Gallagher. And well since I love SNL and quite a few of the things/people SNL has spawned it felt great to hear him laugh while seeing the silly things that character does. That oddly felt like a great accomplishment.

And here's the thing - this week has been mostly good. But the truth is it is super easy for me to see the negative and get frustrated by life. And that's were I am at today. Frustrated by lots of things like work and life and well that's normal. And so I am trying to remember those good things and how great I felt in those moments.

And I am trying to remember that even though my already sick body is not a fan of the cold this is a beautiful season. A season where we are reminded in such a visible way how cared for we are by the creator. That he would send his son in such a humble way into a humble situation. He could have come any way and for any reason and yet he came to be with us.

May that reminder help outweigh all of life's frustrations.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scars

It’s been a while

After Moving Day