Short Post

Gosh dang it - I had a really great idea for what to write in my blog at the beginning of church but I forgot to write it down and now as per usual I can't think of what it was.

Ok...

I am now in what will be my regular hours at work and I really like them. They are closer to other people's normal hours. And it is nice to feel like I am getting off before it gets completely dark out. It's also nice to think about how eventually it will be light out when I leave work. So I will actually get to see the sun. I like that. Also the students seem to be catching on quick to the change so that is nice too.

And my health is mostly good. I have been feeling a sick to my stomach now and then but that is to be expected with all of my intestinal issues. Also to be expected with all the sicknesses that is going around this time of year. Sounds like a lot of people are getting hit with stomach bugs. I also have been having some abdominal pain that I am pretty sure is no big deal but dang it hurts. At first I had to tell myself to calm down because my mind can go to the worst place in an instant. With everything that has happened to me I mean that makes sense. But I also know that I need to think logically and not in fear. So sometimes when I feel sick or have pain I have to mentally go through a check list of things to remind myself it is no big deal.

So things have been pretty good on a personal level.

Something I have been doing over the past month or so is rereading the Chronicles of Narnia series. Actually I am reading them out loud to myself sometimes at night. As always I enjoy the stories and wisdom of C.S. Lewis. And as with many things when we reread them I am finding more truth than the last time I read them. The books are packed full of so many great lines that apply to life - good and bad. Along with that so many truths that hit on some of the things that are going on in the world today. And as I am sure C.S. would like know - reading these truths in his books leads me back to the Bible and reading the same truths in God's word.

Both have been very grounding for me in the past weeks.
Both have been reminding me that love not fear wins. 
And both have been reminding me about God - that he is not safe but he is good.
And I find that yet again I am glad to be on his side.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Scars

It’s been a while

After Moving Day