Good Year

So I am gonna start with a little story - Yesterday (Saturday) I was downtown in my hometown and I was getting ready to go into a store when I heard someone screaming in a happy way followed by "ABBBBBBBBBYYYYYYYYYYYYY!"being screamed as well. So I turned around and my Papa Kerr (a family friend/the dad in a family I have been metaphorically adopted into) was running across the street. Hahahaha. Made me smile for multiple reasons - I did not think the screaming was for me so that was nice, it's always nice to see him or anyone else in his family, and he was with a friend but was not afraid to look or sound silly to get my attention and hug me. Gotta say that makes a girl feel special and feel loved.

And then when I got back to mom and dad's his son (and my brother) Gar was there and so was Kenny! Pretty great end to my break.

So besides that I have been kind of disappointed that so many people are only seeing the negative from the past year but I cannot control anyone's attitude but my own. But I still think it's sad when we get sucked into the negatives.

It is so easy for me to see the negatives in everyday and so I have to fight to see the positives and to not get dragged down by the gunk of everyday life. And I believe that both negativity and positivity are contagious. When you are surrounded by positive people it's easier to be positive and well you get the point. And I also believe that both being positive and being negative are habits that can be formed and broken. The more negative I am the more negative I will become etc. I gotta say I would rather spend the extra energy on being positive fighting to see the good in everyday.

I have been fighting hard for that this year. That's not to say I have not gotten frustrated but I have also let myself be frustrated, voiced those frustrations, and moved on. I think that because I have been learning these things and fighting through them I can look back and say that 2016 was a great year for me. Oddly enough the last part of the year was even better than the first.

Even with the loss of Carrie Fisher (I love Star Wars and Leia is a warrior princess aka the only kind of princess I want to be) the end of this year has been a time of growth and of seeing progress and lessons learned.

To see that you are doing much better physically, mentally, emotionally, than the year before feels pretty good and is a pretty great win.

And so my hope for you in the new year is that you fight for the good and to see the good in everyday as well.

Happy New Year!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scars

It’s been a while

After Moving Day