Weekend Encouragement

Man this weekend wore me out.

This weekend was fun for me. Yesterday at the Memorial Day Picnic I felt like I couldn't, didn't, and didn't want to stop laughing. There is something about being at one of your favorite places with some of your favorite people that is restorative for the soul.

And I needed that time this weekend. I needed the uncontrolled laughter with and at my friends. I needed the time with my momma and the wisdom she shared. I needed to see and touch the people I care about to be reminded that they are real and love me.

Because my mind loves to play tricks on me. To hold me in places of doubt and unbelief. To try to tell me that God isn't good and doesn't do big things and doesn't care about my dreams. To whisper lies that I am unworthy and unloved.

But this weekend helped to shut out those voices and thoughts. To remind me who I am in Christ and how that is what matters.

Sometimes all I need is one night spent with my momma's care and wisdom followed by a day filled with laughter to silence the fears and make the enemy run to regroup.



"So let’s do it—full of belief, confident that we’re presentable inside and out. Let’s keep a firm grip on the promises that keep us going. He always keeps his word. Let’s see how inventive we can be in encouraging love and helping out, not avoiding worshiping together as some do but spurring each other on, especially as we see the big Day approaching." Hebrews 10:24-26 (The Message)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scars

It’s been a while

After Moving Day