Updates and Laughter

Hey,

On the health front I thought I was getting over my nausea but in the last few days it seems to have returned along with somethings that may possibly be side effects of taking a different kind of supplement. And so I am just very frustrated with my body and not feeling great. Also going to the chiropractor is as can be expected. My back and neck are pretty messed up so I have to go in multiple times a week for multiple weeks to not only set things right but to remind them where they should be. And as someone who quickly gets sick of having people in her personal space going to the chiropractor is hard even when I know the results will be good.

In other news semi-health related in sort of a round about way I have been trying to think about where I want to go in life. Like where I see myself in five years or whatever. This is proving to be difficult for me to think of. Yes, I am a planner but not really long term. So much of my life as a sick kid has been a hindrance to long term life planning. When you are so sick you don't ever think you will live long and never know what will happen it makes it hard to think ahead that way. But I am trying and struggling my way through it. Part of that struggle will be asking my boss some different questions this week (preferably tomorrow at my Mom's prompting). Some of them may be difficult to ask and the answers to these questions will hopefully help me to figure out some more things. If you think to shoot up a prayer or two for me tomorrow/this week about that that would be much appreciated. I have a hard time being honest with my boss because I am still learning about how that dynamic should work so I guess more specifically I would ask that I would not only be honest but speak about all of the things on my heart and mind since I have in the past clammed up after only speaking half of what I need to for my own well being.

So yesterday we had a baby shower for my sister with friends and family which was pretty fun. Since we aren't really much for games at gatherings like that mom told people to tell funny baby stories. Not everyone did which was fine. She also told people to mention how they knew my sister or her husband. One of the people at the party was a had who lived next to us for 25 years. She didn't have a baby story but shared that even after all the hard stuff we have been through "you would always hear laughter coming from that house." Gosh that touched my heart so deeply. When people have known you that long ( I mean 25 years is a long time and it's been longer than 25 years now mom and dad just no longer live in that house) you end up knowing a lot about people especially in a small town like ours. And  we did share a lot of life with our neighbors. They knew how rough some days were and I am sure they understood that some days we didn't want to laugh. But my parents, I think, have always tried to find the fun side of life. I feel like we were always watching something funny or telling jokes or just being silly even on the days when it felt like the sadness and how overwhelming life can be was crushing us my parents tried to look for the good in the day. And it that was too hard to remember something that cracked us all up once upon a time and bring it up to make us all laugh again. And though we don't want people to praise us for just trying to live life sometime unsolicited heart-felt compliments from people that know you well and have been around for a lot of crap stuff can feel pretty dang great.  

Comments

  1. I like that your update and new picture seem so symbolic of where God has been moving you in these seasons of your life. Maybe I'm wrong and you can correct me, but it's almost like, from my perspective, God has taken you from having to fight so so hard as Wonderwoman to life with Alex's gift. Even though you still fight, you have this new awesome gift of mystery in your life. Kind of like that picture of you. It's in the sunset and it's beautiful, but it's the unknown that makes it so exciting! You can't see everything, which makes you stare longer! And there is so much beauty in the mystery of the "next five years" ahead of you that you may have not been able to hope in before because of how sick you were. Just my thoughts as I was reading! I love you!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Scars

It’s been a while

After Moving Day