Future Thinking

Hey guys,

The past few days have sort of felt a little like a blur.

Not because a lot is going on a work. Things have been very quiet in the library with summer upon us and very few classes going on on campus right now.

Instead they have felt a little like a blur because some things I have been thinking about for a while kicked into motion a little.

See I have been thinking about how I like the town I live in. And I like where I work and the people I work with. And I found a church I like a lot where the people like me. And how I would prefer to be in a house I own instead of a rental - put down some real roots.

Which this weekend turned into looking at a house. And though it isn't quite what I thought I wanted I really like it - a lot.

And though I don't have an offer in on it seeing it in person has raised a lot of questions and has me thinking about a lot of different things. And it's exciting and scary and I think maybe good.

And a few fun things from the past two days - my realtor who is also one of my landlords was very encouraging yesterday. Not really about me buying the house we were looking at but my life choices. Even mom said later "she compared you to her granddaughter."
And mom and dad came to look at the house with me. Before we went to look at the house we ate at an Irish Pub close to my current place that I like and they liked it a lot too. That always feels good when you can take your family to a place with great food. Also I think they maybe liked the house for me too. Basically it's great to have encouraging parents and parents who will answer your weird questions to the best of their ability.
Also this morning I was getting a little nervous about the thought of making such a permanent feeling decision. And at church the youth pastor spoke and was talking about doing dangerous and comfortable things and how that leads to growth. Even though I know that it was nice to hear that from someone else when my mind wanted to just be scared. I often don't like when things are unpredictable and I can't plan things out with all the knowledge ahead of time that I think I need. Which I think is made funny by the fact that so much of my life has been things that no one but God has planned. Anyway it was a good rest set for my mind that I don't know these things but God does. And living in that knowledge is a very comfortable place to be.

The next few weeks and months could be interesting for this girl. If you think about it continue to pray for me that I would be wise as I make these big life decisions.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scars

It’s been a while

After Moving Day