Thinking and Thinking

Hey all,

So as many of you know I have been thinking about what the future might look like for me. And that has meant sort of looking at houses here. I say sort of because I have only really looked at one and now my realtor will be off work for about two weeks which gives me a lot of time to think.

Time to think is good. I like time to think and feel like I can better weigh the pros and cons. And think of more questions I might have and think about things I may have never thought about before.

But time to think also means more time to get nervous and sort of freak out. More time to think about all the ways something good could go bad. And time to second guess the things I think I want. Which also means more time to feel overwhelmed at times about all there is to consider. More time to wonder if this is right or not.

And I am great at thinking that I need to make the smartest, wisest, most logical, perfect decision I could possibly make. Which obviously is a lot of pressure to put on oneself.

And so I feel like I often have to remind myself that it is ok to make decisions for me. Because they are the best for me. Because they are what I want.

And that doesn't mean I disregard the facts and what is wise but it does mean that I take my opinion into consideration as well. And that that may at times outweigh some things. And that that also means it doesn't matter if my decisions are perfect overall as long as they are perfect for me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scars

It’s been a while

After Moving Day