Weekend Thoughts

Hey,

I am posting late because I was debating not posting but since I was still thinking about it I told myself to just post and get it over with so I wouldn't keep thinking about it.

My grandparents were here all weekend and then my sister, her husband, and their baby came today. It was fun to see them and show them around my town. I stressed out about it all beforehand much more than I should have but with stuff happening downtown that I knew my grandparents would like I wanted to try to see some of that with them. And I wanted to show off the good of my town - the best places to eat, the fun places to shop, the history that is celebrated, the cool old houses, the things I have come to love no matter how weird those things may be. And I think maybe it was a success. My grandparents seemed to like my town. And my sister and her husband are already talking about coming to see me again.

My heart is full but my body is so tired.

And on top of that my mind is racing a little.

Because part of me feels like this weekend has made that I want to live here, get a house here, put down roots here feel more real.
And that is still a bit scary.
Not just the buying a house thing
But also the leaving my comfort zone thing -
To make friends here
To build a new life here
To make it official in a way that my home is here

Those feel like big steps that I feel like I am not ready to make but at the same time want to make.

But for now I want to enjoy the fact that part of my family was just here to see my town and to love on me. To have me show them where I do things (work, travel, eat, shop, etc.) and hear my dreams about this place and what it could be for me. To let me know that even though I may not live nearby I am still known and loved.

And that can be like a reassuring lighthouse on the shore as a ship goes out to sea. Adventure awaits and a way home is always clear.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scars

It’s been a while

After Moving Day