Moving

Guys!

It feels so incredible to be in my house!

I figured when I moved in it would feel good because I would be in one place and in a place that I own. But I did not expect the calmness that I currently feel.

I love having things organized and put away and as such the last two times that I moved I unpacked everything within something like 48 hours. This time I feel like I don't care how long it takes me because I am here. In my house. Sure I have unpacked somethings. I mean I unpacked my clothes and got my closet set up because it has been making me smile just thinking about how all my clothes would be in one room instead of in the closets of every room. And I have unpacked a few other things as I have realized I needed things. But instead of unpacking in a feverish panic like I have done before I have been doing a lot of relaxing on my couch being happy to just be here.

After the past few weeks that were filled with stress and anxiety it feels good to be here and rest. To feel safe and to feel an ownership over this place. Also to feel like my job and staying in this town is permanent - that has been calming to my soul. Since I moved here I have felt like I have been in limbo trying to see if I liked it here. Wanted to stay here. Liked my job enough to not want to search around for something new in a few years. To feel like those things are answered is a relief. The stress and pressure of trying to figure those things out in gone and that feels great.

Around seven years ago on my last short-term mission trip to Belize I was getting sicker and I was finding a lot of hope in Psalm 27:13-14

"I am still confident of this: I will see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living. Wait for the Lord; be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord."

Today, this weekend is a reminder that I am in that part. That I am seeing the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living in ways I could not ever imagine.

Also super shout out to my family (including my work mom Cindy and her husband Bart) for helping me move yesterday! Not only was it great to have your help but your words of encouragement is always sweet medicine for my soul. And I love that later in the day we jumped in the pool (minus Cindy, Bart, and Kenny who had left and Dad who stayed out to sit with Washington).
Guys!!!! I have a pool!!!! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scars

It’s been a while

After Moving Day