Rest

Hey guys,

The past few days I have been thinking a lot again about Psalm 23. What has been resounding in my head yet again is the second verse "He makes me lie down in green pastures." And I know a lot of time there can be like this flowery goodness behind this Psalm but for me this line sometimes is a smack in the face because of those first three words - he makes me.

Guys I so often think I know what is best for me. I think I know my body best, know my mind best, know myself best, know my limits best, and the list goes on. When it comes to humans I think that is most true. I know myself better than any human does because I am a soul living in this body and I have learned to an extent to listen to how it feels. But I forget that that does not mean I know me - soul nor body - better than my Heavenly Father does.

And sometimes because I don't listen the first few times when he tells me to take a break he has to get me to see how much a need it.

I have been thinking about that because I am taking this week off from work. One because my birthday is this week and I don't like doing much of anything on my birthday ever. And two because I knew I would be new in my house. But it has also turned into a third reason - I am worn out and didn't realize how tired I am.

Last week at work I kept feeling like I wanted to cry or lash out at people for the dumbest, nothing things and I would think "Yup, I need a break." And then I thought about how it is a good thing I already had this time off planned or I would have kept working through my raw emotions and not fully present mental state. Because even though I think I know my limits I also know that I don't always like to admit my limits.

So having this time already planned to be off has been making me think that God knew and knows.

Guys, I don't know about you but I need that Good Shepherd. I can be a mindless sheep wandering into danger. And I need someone that will say "No, here is good. Now rest."

May you have time to rest with the Good Shepherd this week.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scars

It’s been a while

After Moving Day