Proud

Hey there,

So last week I mentioned that I had been feeling sick to my stomach. I did call my kidney doctor's office and the gist of what they said was "your blood work looks good so call the GI office." And I did and because of my transplants that make my health history complicated they got me an appointment to see the doctor the next day. After telling him what was going on and him looking at my blood work he decided to put me back on a lower dosage of the stomach med I had been on before. He did this because of my health history which makes sense. Basically even though I have had a transplant and that helps some things my body still produces too much acid. And too much acid means things like nausea so that's always fun. Anyway I am now getting used to that adjustment to my medicine regimen.

In other news this week on This Old House - I am learning a freaking lot. My joke has been "Today on This Old House another thing I have no idea how to fix." But it has been empowering in a way to figure stuff out. I mean I can't fix everything that's pretty obvious but I have been able to do a lot more than I ever thought. I have posted pictures of some of it but not all of it. I did post about fixing my sink but I didn't post about changing the bake element in my stove. Nor did I post about the headache that was trying to get someone to come look at my broken garage door - it's fixed now. And I am sure there have been other things that I have already forgotten about that I learned how to do and didn't post about.

And guys I am so freaking proud of myself. I was thinking about that this week. Well really it sort of hit me like a ton of bricks. Because oh my gosh I am a homeowner! Also because when you stop freaking out for a moment and realize all the things you have done and learned in the past few months you tend to see a bit clearer how big of a deal it is. As stressful as it can be to have to solve problems by the seat of your pants about things which you know zero about it ends up feeling pretty amazing when you do. And it is helping me gain confidence in myself. Even calling the home insurance company to say "this is a problem can someone come fix it" feels like a big deal because I am doing it to solve problems. And that feels pretty dang great. And when I stop to think "Me, I'm doing this" well I'm proud of me and that will always be a big deal.

I have historically not been great at seeing the good in me and the good I can do so see that the past few days has been amazing.

My hope for you is that you would be proud of yourself this week too.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scars

It’s been a while

After Moving Day