Year of the Lord's Favor

Hey All,

Happy New Year!

So far my new year has been spent working on my homeowner skills. My furnace has been doing some weird things. I still have heat I just have had some problems with the furnace motor running without kicking out heat and with it getting the house up to the temp a have the thermostat set too. And of course that makes me worry.

Then when the guy came to look at the furnace is was acting fine just a little slow. So he didn't actually get to experience the problem but since it is an old furnace and he has worked with this type before he was able to say what he could be. The part I need would be over $400 and since it is an old furnace he recommended looking into new ones.

Since I am still under home warranty (that the previous homeowner had on the house) that means I could get that all done.

I just need to talk to the home warranty company. Unfortunately they were not much help today since it is a holiday and is freezing cold out. The tech they normally work with was slammed and unable to get to me today so I called a company I knew. Now tomorrow I will have to call the home warranty company and try to get this all sorted out.

New day, new year, new lessons.
Not to shabby.
But man it is hard - that's for sure.

But I have been reminded recently not just home much I love this house but how glad I am to have my own home and be a homeowner. Finding this house and buying it was one of the pluses of this last year for me.
When I went home for a few days around Christmas I wasn't dreading come back here like I did in my rental. Instead I was looking forward to being back in my own space. That's a good feeling. Sure that means I missed out on seeing more of my friends but having a place to call home that feels like home is a pretty amazing thing. At the end of 2016 I could have never imagined that a year later I would be here. But I am glad I am.

I had no idea what 2017 had in store and I have no clue what 2018 will bring with it.
But I do know who is in control of it all and he never ceases to amaze me - even when I am getting frustrated with him about my furnace not working right.

He brings beauty from ashes and joy from mourning (Isaiah 61).
When I look for it every year can be a year of the Lord's favor (Isaiah 61 again - see what I did there).
And so I am going to do what I can in my life and chose to look for his goodness all around me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scars

It’s been a while

After Moving Day