Rough LIfe but Still Good

Hey there,

I'm not going to say it was great and that my body loved it but I shoveled something like 6 times this week. That's a pretty big accomplishment. My body hated that but I did it. And still managed to do things like go to work. Which is also a big deal. And being able to see that I can do that is a pretty big confidence booster. I mean my body is hurting a lot more than normal right now. And it hurt even more during the week to the point where I was having trouble sleeping - my regular sick body pain plus major physical activity pain is not a fun combo. But I still accomplished that. Since I am trying hard to focus on the positives I would say shoveling and not missing work because of the pain I was in is a big deal.

This week something happened that has happened in the past and it always takes me back a little but mostly it makes me think. What happened was that I had sighed and a friend at work said something like, "What's up?" Since I wasn't feeling great and was feeling down about some things I just said, "It's been a rough life." This friend acted like I shouldn't say that. (Instead of explaining myself I just went on to tell this friend some of the other things that were on my mind.) And people do tend to react that way. They act like I am too young to say things like that. Or that because I have had their life experiences that I don't know what a rough life is. I tend to think those both are lies. And I also tend to think "Why do we have to compare?" Anyway another common thing is that people act like that is not the reality. And well I have had a lot happen in my life so far that has made life rough. I also tend to think that life can be rough for everyone. I don't know anyone that hasn't experienced something hard that has shaped them in some way.

But here's the thing even though life is rough when I say that I don't necessarily mean that it is bad. I tend to think that life can be rough and good all at the same time. Part of the reason I believe that is because a lot of good can come from bad. Hardships can draw us together. Pain can make us stronger. Seeing that life is precious can remind us to embrace it with arms wide open.

Along with that is this - "Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me." Psalm 23:4

And this - "My ears had heard of you but now my eyes have seen you." Job 42:5

I stand on the promise that even when life is rough I am still blessed because God is with me. I believe there is nothing greater on Earth than this - that no matter what I am not alone because I have Jesus. And though I suck at seeing the positives even that is a positive I can see.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scars

It’s been a while

After Moving Day