Weekly thoughts

Hi there,

I got to see my parents today and that makes me so happy. I mean I am a little sad now that they are gone. But I know that being here and making this place home is the right thing. And I know I live close enough that they can come down for the day and that is huge. But it is still hard sometimes to not live just down the street from them. Still hard to say goodbye even after spending most of the day laughing with them.

This week I have been thinking a lot about redemption and forgiveness.

When I look at the world I see a lot of people upset and demanding justice. Now justice is not a bad thing but recently I have noticed that some groups in their quest for justice have been digging up the past even at times when amends have already been made. And I think, "What about forgiveness?"

Then I think about how I have been guilty of this as well. Thinking that whoever has wronged me should get what I think they deserve then somehow things will be right. But I have also noticed that these feeling are often driven by anger and bitterness - at least in my life they are. And those things are only poison to my soul.

And I also have to remember that I don't get what I deserve and I mean that in the best way possible because Jesus. My God, my Abba Father is the master at forgiveness and redemption giving grace and mercy away as if it were cheap Halloween candy. When my actions have meant I should live in the gutter he instead presents me with a seat at the table next to him.

Guys this blows me away and humbles me and brings me to my knees and reminds me that when I am given what I don't deserve my best move is to treat others the same way.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scars

It’s been a while

After Moving Day