Sometimes hearing a good song can turn your whole day around

Has that ever happened to you...where you are just having a crap day and then out of the blue you hear a great song and your crap mood goes away just like that...it happens to me a lot and today it happened for sure...

Here's how my day was...I woke up at like 9 as per usual but still didn't want to get out of bed...I only did cause I knew I should get up and take my meds and eat...you know the normal stuff...as soon as I got up thought I knew it wasn't going to be a great day because it was one of those days where I feel like my whole body is full of lead dragging me down making me feel like crap...making me feel like I can't do anything...sapping out all my interest in anything even reading which says a lot cause I love reading...so after being up for maybe half an hour I climbed back into bed and slept fitfully until like noon...and the only reason I really got up then is cause my sister called me to ask me a question...normally I would be mad at her for waking me up but thinking about how today turned out it was probably good that she called me...anyways I got up and sat around my house zoning out in front of the TV trying to tell myself to get things done like going to the library to take my books back or go tot the store to pick up a few things...I finally went to the store in my pj's probably looking like a mess but I really don't care...on my way home from the store...well like when I was two block from my house a song I love came on the radio...Gungor's "Beautiful Things"...and even though I was home before he even finished singing the first verse I stayed in my car to listen to the song...which is weird cause I totally downloaded the song a couple months ago so it's not like I can't listen to it other times...but I just had one of those relish the moment moments going on...so I sat in my car turned the song up really loud and sang a long...and then cried a little...

It's such a simple song but it was just the reminder I needed to turn my day around...I needed to be reminded that God will make beautiful things out of the mess that is my life...

The song is kind of long but they repeat the same words a lot...words that on a day like today I needed to have hammered into my head...here's a link to the song  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OR7VOKQ0xJY&feature=related

and here are the lyrics

All this pain
I wonder if I’ll ever find my way
I wonder if my life could really change at all
All this earth
Could all that is lost ever be found
Could a garden come up from this ground at all

You make beautiful things
You make beautiful things out of the dust
You make beautiful things
You make beautiful things out of us

All around
Hope is springing up from this old ground
Out of chaos life is being found in You

You make me new, You are making me new
You make me new, You are making me new
You are making me new

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scars

It’s been a while

After Moving Day