We didn't really learn anything new

At the doctors office yesterday...so I'm not really sure what to tell you about it...

We learned some new terms...like GFR that helps give a better idea of my kidney function...and we learned that they won't start me on dialysis till I am at 10% function...plus we learned that if Ashley, my sister, and I are what they call an identical match them I won't have to be on as many meds afterwards which would be sweet...and we met a few new people...

Besides that it was pretty much the same old stuff as always...it's sort of funny to me that I say that because I really don't feel like anything was new cause I have been living this for so long...but many of you are probably thinking what the crap does the same old normal stuff mean...

I guess I could go into that a little bit...right now they think my kidney function is fluctuating around 20% function which is when they look at putting you on a transplant list...so they did that even though I will probably have a live donor...they do that just as like a back up in case the live donors don't match...they also upped a few of my meds...and did a few quick tests...yesterday I had a blood test in which they took 18 vials of blood...and then I had an EKG and a chest X-ray...no big deal...

A lot of the other things we talked about are things I have shared before like about my hemoglobin being so low...and the swelling...and my kidney feeling like a jell-o jiggler...we just did a lot of going over my health history with the transplant doctor/surgeon and transplant coordinator so they could get a better understanding of my case...

I think right now I am too tired to really feel much about this all...plus I've known it's coming for a while...well I've known it's coming for a long time...since before my first transplant...cause transplants are a treatment not a cure...and I probably will have to have a third transplant at some time 10 to 15 years after this one...whenever it is that I have it...it's a fact of life...sure it's a sucky fact of life but I would rather just accept it and move on with my life then wallow in a pity party for myself about how bad my life is...I have better things to do...yes I still freak out and feel overwhelmed every now and then...and yeah sometimes I feel like I miss out on a lot of things because I can't do them because of my health issues...but life goes on and other things come up that I can do and can enjoy and I would rather try to focus on those things them all the negative things...I am already a moody Mandy most of the time I don't really need to be that big of  negative Nancy too...besides dwelling on the bad doesn't help me at all to see how good God is despite my circumstances and I really want to be able to do that...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scars

It’s been a while

After Moving Day