I can't decide which was the best...

Part of my day today...it was either when Papa Kerr came to give me a hug right away when he saw me...a little boy named Levi (my favorite little boy at church) giving me a picture he drew for me during church...or napping this afternoon in my bed with Nicole...in other words today was pretty dang great...this whole weekend was because I was out of the hospital and back in Dixon for the weekend...got back late Friday night and didn't do much...then Saturday spent some time with my mom and my sister while my dad and some guys from the church put our new windows in...then my brother sister-in-law and nephews came over for a little bit...then after that Nicole came over and helped mom make pizza...and I got a haircut which I really needed...then my brother Danny came over...it was a great day...and then as I already said today was great...

Mom and I are at Taylor's right now...we got here like 5:30 or 6...somewhere in there...then went grocery shopping with her...we haven't even been here that long and we keep laughing...it has been a lot of fun so far and has been encouraging to be around Taylor's ever bubbly attitude...and I finally got my homework from the week done...barely on time...it's weird how much I don't really care about homework right now...I was thinking this week about how much I used to stress over homework...I would stress so much about homework and getting good grades that I would make myself physically sick...now that's not the case at all...now I barely care about it...I sometimes feel bad about that but not really...I have other more important things to do...but I did get my homework done and it was done on time so no worries...

On the health front I had my nuclear medicine test right before I left the hospital...it made me feel pretty special...they had to fly in the medicine that they put in me...and they had to calibrate the machine differently for my test then all the rest of the tests...I guess it's a test that they hardly ever have to do...I haven't heard the results but they don't think it will show anything...the GI doctor said that when people have this type of polyp in their body that the test was looking for their number runs in the 15000 or higher...mine was 1300 something so they doubt I have it...they think that my number might have been elevated because of all the nexium I was on but they also wanted to run the test just to be sure since they know I have an unusual history...so that was kind of cool to me that they looked at my history and saw that my body likes to be crazy to they wanted to check to be sure...they said the test wouldn't take long to read and that they would read it Friday or Saturday and since they haven't called me about anything yet I doubt it showed anything...which is good...I am thinking that my hemoglobin dropped so much again in the hospital which lead to the transfusion on Monday simply because my ulcer was still trying to heal so much during that time and it needed to extra blood...

Besides that I don't really know what to tell you...it was a pretty boring week of sitting in the hospital room then sitting in dialysis then walking around then sitting some more and trying to find things to do to occupy my time...maybe after this week I will have some interesting things to tell you as we learn about home hemo dialysis and how to run my machine and have fun with Taylor...

Thanks again for all your prayers and love and support...a girl couldn't ask for better friends and family then you all...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scars

It’s been a while

After Moving Day