Mystery

Well my doctor Dr Sader figured out a couple months ago that the things my body does are a mystery and now more people here at the hospital are figuring that out...

I've now been at the hospital for this stay for a week so that's awesome...not...but they might have finally figured out what is up with my jacked up body...

The other day the GI doctors decided to run this blood test to see if I had this certain hormone in my body that can produce ulcers in the body...they ran that to see if that's why I have the ulcer that I have but they might have just found out much more...the results take a couple days to come back and as of this morning Doctor Sader looked at it and though he is not a GI doctor he was concerned...he did a little research to make sure he was looking at things right and here's what he found out...this hormone level in your body is supposed to be around 100...mine was 1300 something...which obviously is bad...from what I understand from what he said is that this hormone is what tells your body to produce acid in your stomach to digest food....since mine is so high that means my body is producing too much acid causing irritation causing ulcers...when you have too much your body also can produce polyps...

Evidently these polyps and this hormone imbalance can also cause you to lose blood like I am...but of course it can't be too simple because they need to find this polyps and they are not where they should be in my body...he didn't say much about treatment or finding this polyps because he knows kidney's not GI stuff so he is waiting for me to see the GI doctor to see what he says...

We are hoping that they will find the polyps easily and that it will be easy to treat...like maybe a medicine that I can take to change it...preferably one that doesn't make me super sick so I can take it...and then we are hoping that will solve the problem of my blood dropping all the time so I don't have to have transfusions all the time so I can test against donors for a transplant so we can get rolling on this all...

We will find out more later today when I see the GI doctor and then more if and when I have any tests or procedures after that to solve this mess...

All I know for sure is I am getting tired of sitting up in this hospital...I do want to figure this all out but the sooner the better cause being in the hospital is getting old...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scars

It’s been a while

After Moving Day