just in case you were wondering...

I am so an animal whisperer...but I'll get back to that...

First thing of the day I went to Morton to get my perm cath out...I had the same doctor take my cath out that did my fistula gram...it didn't take like any time...we got there early so I got done early...what happened was I laid back in the chair and then after cleaning the area he numbed it up by injecting some stuff...and that hurt more than anything else...then after that he started to take it out...and there was a little part up under my skin that he had to cut that was around the tube...that was supposed to be there so don't worry...it didn't really hurt there was just a weird pulling feeling on it and around my neck...and then I saw what it looked like outside my body and it was longer than I thought it was...so that was a little weird...but then I got out at 11...I thought I would get out at 11:30 so that was nice to get out early...

Then mom and I went and had some delish lunch at Quiznos...that's important when you haven't been able to eat since the night before...from there we headed to the Peoria Zoo...pretty much no one was there so we had the whole zoo to ourselves...not all of the animals where out because it was a bit cold because of the wind...after walking through the and seeing some of the smaller animals that were inside by the gift shop we went and saw the tiger...and we got to hear his sort of roar thing...he got pretty loud too...and even though it was so cool to hear that he sounded a little sad so that's not cool...then we walked around some more and saw these things called Takin...he looked like a water buffalo sort of...naturally I thought he looked like something out of Star Wars...but we got to hear him make a noise to...it was like a barking/roaring sound thing...and I freaked out because I didn't even think that they would make noise...then we went around some more and saw zebras and rhinos...and I like to think the rhinos showed off for me since they walked right over to where we were so that was nice...I like to think they did that because I told them I think they should be the kings of the jungle because I would not want to get in their way...and because I think they are majestic...also we got to see two giraffes even though they were inside...but they walked right up to the window so like the only thing separating us was some glass...I also confused the peacock a little by making my peacock sound...and I got some of the monkeys inside to talk too me too...clearly this means I can speak to animals...we also enjoyed some icees because I needed something to take some Tylenol with since the cite where my cath was hurt...

Then I went and saw Dr. O'Connor about my weird stomach thing...he took his time looking over my papers and the pictures of my stomach...then he spent his time asking me questions about it and asking me how I felt after eating now and a while ago...he told me that I actually had other options besides just surgery...so that's exciting...then he decided to call some other GI doctors he knew in Peoria that I had seen  before that looked at my ulcer in October...so it was nice that he spent so much time looking over my case...and now I don't have to have surgery so that is really super great...even though I am upset that the doctor I saw in Dixon made it sound like surgery was my only option...so I am in a pretty dang good mood after all of that...

But bad news for the night...I wasn't able to do dialysis tonight...when we started there was horrible pain in my arm...we weren't sure what happened because nothing was pointing to the things that usually tell you what went wrong...but we just got off the phone with kathy and after talking to her she said the problem was probably that there is a nerve right there by the vein that is getting hit making the pain in my arm unbearable...luckily that has an easy fix and means that doing dialysis is still okay to do and that my fistula isn't jacked up now just from that...all the things i thought might have been the problem weren't and I am ok...so really it's all still good news...

All in all a great day for me and momma...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scars

It’s been a while

After Moving Day