I can pretty confidently say I am getting sicker

This weekend after a day and a half off of dialysis I had the same amount of extra fluid on me that I did two months ago after three days off of dialysis...we are talking about 5 pounds of toxic waste...how fun...

It's not to say that I didn't have fun this weekend because I did...I had a lot of fun...I laughed so much...but I felt like shit before we even ate dinner...that's no fun...

I'm having one of those I'm sick of missing out on stuff because I feel like shit times...and those times happen a lot in my life right now...

Someone recently asked me what my kidney function was at and I didn't know what to tell them...last time I really heard what it was I was at about 18% function and that was about 2 years ago...before dialysis...

At my appointment this week we talked again about how they might have to remove my old kidney because it has been causing some pain...they don't want to have to because that could put back my transplant date...they could take it out during my transplant but only if it is absolutely necessary...I am assuming that could cause more pain and complications...and would make my recovery time longer...

Another concern is that my blood pressure is still unstable...it goes up and down a lot and my doctor and nurses aren't sure why so we are still trying to balance that all out...

Along with that my hemoglobin is dropping a little again...that has to be stable for transplant or we would have to hold off for a long time...they can't get me a new kidney while I have foreign blood in my system...and they would not be able to give me a transfusion during surgery...

These are some of the concerns we have been dealing with lately...it would be great if they got straighten out and we could be on our way to transplant for real...

I'm sick of all these unknowns and I am sick of feeling like things aren't going right for transplant...

If you would keep us in our prayers not just for the physical stuff but for the mentally and emotionally draining days as well...that would be nice...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scars

It’s been a while

After Moving Day