Preparing for a crazy summer

I've been waiting to post news from mom's appointment Wednesday...

We have a tentative date set for transplant...July 15th which is the Monday after senior camp....Mom still has some tests to pass for that to be official...and as we were saying the other day they could possibly have her open and then change their minds about giving me that kidney...it won't really get that far but if one thing goes wrong during testing then everything changes...and I have to find someone else...

Other news from the appointment...I have a new transplant coordinator...as some of you know we didn't like our previous one...but she is on maternity leave...so now we have the coordinator we want...and we didn't even have to do anything which was a nice surprise...

Mom is working on getting some more of her tests done...after these she will still have some to do like a Cat scan of her kidney...and she will have to get her own kidney doctor so that he isn't biased and is looking out for her good...he will most likely be one of the doctors we met that was on call one of the weekends I had to stay at the hospital...and not the doctor that we don't like at all...

Mom met a lot of people at the appointment...we had to be in Peoria at 10:30 and we didn't leave that office until 2:30...and then we still had a few tests to do at the hospital...so it was a long day but mom met some fun people...

We have been nervous to share this because there is still so much unknown...I have been nervous to share it because I start to think about all the things that could go wrong so that mom isn't my donor...and I don't want to get excited just to get let down...I also get nervous because this surgery is a big deal...all surgeries come with risk but I get nervous thinking about what could happen to mom...I know she is willing to do this for me...which is overwhelming in itself...her love for me...along with that I don't know how well I would be able to handle the situation if the outcome was bad...so prayer for that would be nice...

Also mom is seeing how hectic our summer will be again this year...last summer we were running back and forth from the hospital because of dad's accident...this summer could be crazier because we also have a tentative date for when the house we have been looking at will "go on the market"...we are working with the lady who is in charge of the house so we won't have to go through a relator for all that...with the house and transplant and our normal summer plans we will have a lot going on this summer...so that may make this another difficult one...but hopefully rewarding once it is all over...we have some plans for doing some renovations on the new house before we move into it...but we will see how that all plays out...I know mom was upset about not having much of a summer last year so this year should be interesting...again if you want to keep us in your prayers about that we would appreciate that a lot...

For those of you who have stuck it out with us through the ups and downs...who have been there for the screaming and rejoicing along with the tears of disappointment...thank you...it always feels good to have people to walk along side of us through the many facets of this life...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scars

It’s been a while

After Moving Day