First post surgery post

The past few days have been a bit of a whirl wind...not that I am complaining because this has been a great gift from God making me feel overwhelmed by his love...

I call my old kidney a diva because it has been causing so many problems...and I have already been calling his new one a diva too since the transplant time kept getting pushed back since it was taking forever to get here...but also in classic diva style when it got here it got right down to work...surgery was supposed to take 4 - 6 hours...but it ended up only taking 2 hours...I thought for a hot second I was going to have a panic attack when they rolled me down to the room but when I got in there Dr. Hsu was listening to Willie Nelson on his iPad and that calmed my nerves right up...funny how a familiar sounding voice can do that...and I am not even that big a Willie Nelson fan...

My surgery officially took place on Wednesday the 19th at 2 in the morning...we laughed about the date because I love the number 9...the timing was also perfect because my grandparents got into the hospital about an hour before surgery after they had been driving here from Phoenix AZ since they got the news on Monday...

I have been joking a little that this is the perfect gift for my anniversary coming up...Saturday will be 22 years since I originally started to get sick leading to HUS and a life of kidney problems...and 15 years since my first transplant...

I should also mention that we weren't sure if I would have to do dialysis at the hospital on Tuesday but I didn't...also sometimes transplant patients have to do dialysis after transplant as stuff catches up...but I haven't needed to...

All my numbers look better than great and I have a high urine out put...my nurses keep saying that most patients have one good thing coupled with one bad thing but so far all my number and reactions look good...it's this good California kidney I got in me...

And we keep cracking jokes about that too...about this kidney being form California...and how that will make me want to go to California even more...go surfing...grow out my hair and dye it blond...talk like a little surfer girl...and I have been Joking too that Zachary Levi had something do to with me getting this kidney but that really is just a joke...Jesus got this kidney for me...

Besides knowing this kidney is from California I know it comes from a 27 year old...I am so endlessly thankful for this person that they were an organ donor and that their family followed through on that...I am sorry they have had to lose a loved one but they have saved my life...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scars

It’s been a while

After Moving Day