Just a regular Sunday post

First I really want to give a shout out to my brother Wes...I saw him this week and I haven't seen him in a long time...as always my brother made me feel special...and I loved that he told me he gets excited when he sees that I have a new blog up to read...I love hearing that type of thing from people...I don't always know what to do with that news but it often makes me what to talk about them on my blog...so you should know that I am very thankful for Wes and seeing him always puts me in a good mood...even when he is sort of scolding me for having a 2.2 hemoglobin...which was actually kind of nice because he knew what that meant...

Also since it's father's day I should say that I am glad my father is still around...I'm thankful that God isn't finished with him yet and still has plans for him so that I can have him in my life...last year on father's day we were hanging out in the hospital...so this year chilling at home has been much more relaxing...and I'm thankful for that too...

One more thing before I get into the meat of this blog...I really wanted to share a song with you all...it's called "Crazy Beautiful" by Andy Grammer...and just like my best friend likes to pretend that the song "She's so Mean" by Matchbox Twenty is about her I like to pretend this song is about me...currently it's my jam and I do dance around my room to it...Nicole and I heard this song live when we went to see him in Chicago and I've been waiting for it to be released ever since...it's pretty much been stuck in my head since the concert and I really think you should listen to it...it puts a smile on my face every time...

Ok on to other things...

I still have been thinking a lot about how people say I have a great attitude about life and that despite being sick I always have a smile on my face...and although the smiling all the time is not the truth...I do usually have a smile on my face around people because being a downer is so draining...not just on the negative person but on the people around them...and well I don't want to be that way...nor do I really have the energy for all of that...I also think sometimes it's easy to have a good outlook because I'm still alive...what I mean by that is I believe that if God were finished with me and he didn't want to work through me anymore on this Earth I would be dead...but I'm not...so to me that means he still wants to work in my life...molding and shaping me...but he also wants to use me to impact the lives of others...I don't know how that may look...but I think it's pretty dang cool that he would want to use me...

To often we say that but don't take to heart what that actually means...the creator of the Universe...the God of all...the Savior of the world...wants to work in and through me...that not only floors me but make me excited for life...make me excited to see what he will do...to see what we will do together...

Sure that also means I will have to face more of this cray cray (crazy) life of mine with its ups and downs...with  more surgeries...more complications...more bad days...and in general more unpleasantness...but the pay off to me is worth it every time...

Because I trust God and his plan for my life I can go out and laugh with people and smile...I can live life and be positive...I have a hope not only in the next life when he restores me but also in this life as he uses my mess for his glory...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scars

It’s been a while

After Moving Day