Mid-Week May Update

Yesterday was a really good day so I thought I would post about it.

I started volunteering in the library again since I have the time to do so. And gosh I still love it. I think I needed that reassurance because classes and homework is not always fun and it makes me start to doubt this life path. But then I get in to the library and I start working and I begin to feel like I am in the right place. So that is very nice.

Also nice is that I only have one class and one assignment left of this semester. 

I have been sleeping less. Which is a little weird with my insomnia. It sounds like it would be a bad thing but I haven't really been tired. I have been waking up before my alarm and I haven't been napping during the day. And yet I don't feel completely worn out like before which obviously is a bonus. Feeling like I have energy to get through all the things that happen in the day is a great feeling. 

I am beginning to be able to look back at the last couple years and see some of the good things that came from that mess. I am seeing that in a way I almost needed those trials so I could truly appreciate the end result. Maybe needed is not the right word but the struggles have made me more thankful and more aware of how good I feel now. I am happy everyday that I don't have to do dialysis. And I am happy when I feel like I actually have the strength to get out of bed. I am happy that I can work out and build muscle. And I am happy that I can eat what I want without pain or other problems arising from eating different foods.

And it all makes me think of one of my favorite quotes from Mary Beth Chapman when she said "What Satan intended for evil, God used for good."

Comments

  1. Sorry I'm obviously playing catch-up but Genesis 50:20!! What a mighty God we serve!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that you always comment on my blog! Also Genesis 50:20 - how freaking true!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Scars

It’s been a while

After Moving Day