Words

Call me old fashion but I love handwritten letters. I try to send them out as often as I can to friends of mine. I don't always get the chance to send them out but I feel like there is something very beautiful about sending snail mail to someone. And as a result I have a bit of an obsession with stationary. If I had the room to store it I feel like it would be very possible that I would have a collection. Instead I have a canvas drawer full of blank card waiting to be sent. It's sort of like hugs in the mail. At least that's how I feel about it.

And lately I have been trying to remind myself daily that that is what the Bible is. A letter full of hope and love. A letter reaching out and calling for continued connection over a vast distance. A letter that says this is who you are too me. A letter that tells us that we are cherished, that we are loved, and that we are not alone.

And that to me is better than a hug in a card because it's more than a hug in a card. And for me there is something about reading that letter that brings me to life. It's a letter that changes me and makes me a better person.

And to me that is part of the power of the written word. That words have the power to connect people and the power to change hearts and bring hope.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scars

It’s been a while

After Moving Day