Alive

First - I want to say that I am excited because I have one assignment and two classes left until I am done with my masters. So by Tuesday after 4 I will be done! Pretty exciting stuff. I am sure I will post a picture of my diploma when it comes in the mail.

Though I am excited about being done I am also nervous about finding a job. I know there are jobs out there because the job lists I have looked at add around five jobs or more a day (just in the library field) and my friends in school with me are getting jobs. I just am a bit picky - like I don't want to be Chicago and I would kind of like to stay in IL so I can keep my doctor. That has been a bit nerve wracking for me. So if you think of it shoot up a prayer for me on my job search. My most recent dream in that department has been getting a job in a hospital library and being able to do different programs for the patients there - specifically a children's hospital because I understand how boring it can be to be in the hospital a lot as a child. Even more specifically I would love to work at my hospital OSF St. Francis in Peoria. Just thought I would throw that out there. 

Second - I wore make up for the first time in my life that I can remember. Like the full deal - Faith (my sister's best friend who did the make up test on me) even used an eyelash curler on me. And though I would love to say that it didn't bother me I can't. I hated it. I only say that I would love to say it didn't bother me is because I am going to wear make up for my sisters wedding. And I would do almost anything for her including but not limited to sucking it up and wearing make up on her wedding day. I just thought you should know that I did not enjoy it - at all. And though my sister swears I still looked like me, I disagree. On the bright side taking it off made me enjoy my make up free face even more.

Third - Mom, Josie, and I went to see Graham preach today at New Hope Baptist in Rockfalls. And after we got there Nathan (House) showed up too! I know I have mentioned this before but I have so many stinkin proud sister moments cause well my brothers are good guys who make me proud. Today I am glad I was able to go support Graham and cheer him on in what he wants to do with his life. Even if he wouldn't look at us when we were doing spirit fingers.

With this and more I have been thinking about how great it is to be alive. How I enjoy being able to watch my brothers make tough decisions and make me proud. How I enjoy making fun of my sister and also enjoying her company more often since we live in the same town now. How it is nice to celebrate reaching milestones that I never even imagined I would live to. 

It is so good to be alive.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scars

It’s been a while

After Moving Day