Dear Futrue Self

Gosh ya'll I am so happy I am done - completely done - with my masters. All I have to do is wait for my diploma to come in the mail. It's a pretty great feeling to be done. And no I have not found a job yet. I am at the moment being very selective on purpose. I need a job that is full time with benefits and I am not moving out of town for anything less. Sure that limits me but I have to believe that God will provide. Also, I have to be patient. Patience has always been hard for me to learn. I have not mastered that fruit of the spirit. I've never been good at waiting. 

Every now and then I write a blog titled Dear Future Self because I need to remind myself of truths I want to hold onto or ways I want to change cause sometimes I forget that growth takes time.

As always I have to remind myself to expect good things. I start to get impatient, I doubt God's plan for me, and I forget all the good he has done for me. So I have to remind myself to wait because good things do happen. God is good and he will do good things.

Which leads to my next one - Stop stressing. It's not doing you any good. Things will work out, have patience that they will. God will come through - He never fails.

Also, stop doubting yourself. Know that you are valued and deserve to be valued. You aren't failing or being a disappointment. You are doing good things with your life. Your friends do cherish you. Your parents are proud of you. Remember that and give yourself a break. Rest in who you are in Christ.

Be willing to take risks, especially the ones that scare you - like meeting new people or trying new things. You can't predict what will happen but taking risks and being open to change often leads to growth and growth is always a good thing.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Scars

It’s been a while

After Moving Day