People Who...

Sorry I'm posting a bit later in the day - we had a wedding shower to go to today for my sister and brother-in-law. If you want to hear about them - I will talk about Ashley and Spencer next week after they are married. 

I've unsuccessfully tried to post about this next thing before so here we go again.

I am thankful for my home church. I get that we need to make changes and that we are not perfect. Sometimes we do things that make no sense to me but I have always figured all churches and churchgoers will have times like that. But there are a lot of people in my church that support me and my family that I am so grateful for. People that I am proud to have in my life that I look up to for guidance and support possibly more than they think. And without naming names I want to share sort of what they've done and/or who they are in my life because I think everyone needs these kinds of people in their lives.

People like my other grandparents who love me as if I was one of their own grandchildren.
People who have watched me grow up in the nursery and have been praying for me ever since.
People who wouldn't take my parents' names off the membership list when they left the church for a bit when I was younger.
People who are prayer warriors waiting to see how God will move in my life - who inspire me to do the same, who I want to make proud, and even be a classy lady like they are.
People who stop me almost every Sunday to see what I am wearing that day.
People who have stopped by just to chat about life and end up staying for hours because they care deeply for our whole family.
People who have surprised me every now then with little gifts because they were thinking of me - gifts that don't always have monetary value but that mean the whole to me because I was thought of and in some small way known.
People who reassure me with their quiet positivity for life in general and for my life specifically.
People who know more than just surface-y things about my family and I but who know our hearts. 

People who make me proud to be a part of the body of Christ and who make me feel welcomed into that body.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scars

It’s been a while

After Moving Day